Black, UV stabilised High Density Polyethylene
Bird Ball Diameter:
116 Bird Balls per m² (10 per ft²)
40g (air filled), 240g (water filled)
The perfect solution to camouflage open water ponds at airports from waterfowl
What are they? A simple solution to deter birds from open water ponds: Gold Mines-Airports-Rain Water Collection Basins.
Waterfowl attracted to areas of open water put themselves and humans at risk. A floating layer of Euro-Matic Bird Ball™ successfully camouflages the liquid and birds fail to recognise the ponds.
Bird Balls® are 100mm diameter UV stabilised black hollow plastic balls, manufactured in High Density Polyethylene. The balls float on the surface of a liquid, automatically arranging themselves into a close packed formation to completely cover the liquid surface.
Euro-Matic Bird Balls are fully operational at Heathrow airport, London, UK.
Advantages of a floating ball blanket:
- Simple to install
- Maintenance free
- UV stabilised HDPE, with over ten years life expectancy
- Floating platforms
- balls rise and fall with changing liquid levels
- easily accommodates objects such as floating pump barges or aerators
- reduces sunlight penetration and algae formation
- maintains higher water temperature in winter
- balls unaffected by snow
- reduces water evaporation